We are motivated by the vision of offering consistent excellence in the provision of cosmetic medical services.
Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa was opened by Anne Talbot, a Registered Nurse, in January 2002. Together with Dr Julie Ostberg, a Launceston General Practitioner and Cosmetic Physician, Victoria’s Clinic commenced treatments for:
- Worry & frown lines
- Dermal fillers for wrinkles
- Sclerotherapy for varicose & spider veins
- Facial veins and facial redness
- Pigmentation removal on the face & body
- PhotoRejuvenation using a PhotoDerm MultiLight (IPL)
- Permanent hair reduction using IPL.
Due to the success of the clinic and demand from the clientele, beauty therapy was added to the clinic in March 2005 to enable complete client care. We also travel to 19 Ironcliff Rd in Penguin once every six weeks for procedures such as wrinkle fillers, consultations and sclerotherapy.
We are situated in the Queen Victoria Tower Suite 16, at Number 11 on High St. As it is very easy to become a little lost, please locate the front entrance of the red brick tower building and enter through the sliding glass doors.
Meet the Staff
Dr Julie Ostberg
General Practitioner, Cosmetic Physician, B. Med Sc. M.B.B.s. Dip. Obst R.C.O.G.
Pre 1998 – Present:
- Summerdale Medical Centre as a General Practitioner.
1998 – 2002:
- Working at Northern Tasmania’s First Cosmedi Spa performing Laser Hair Removal using the Ruby Laser in 1998.
- Then went on to using the Alexandrite Laser for Hair Removal and the Ellipse Yellow Filter for hair removal and facial vein treatments.
- Dr Ostberg continued to maintain her General Practice work. At this time Dr Ostberg also commenced working with dermal fillers and injectable treatments for frown lines.
2002 – Present:
- Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa as a Cosmetic Physician.
- Consultations for all your cosmetic medical concerns
- Referral to Plastic Surgeons
- Injectable Dermal fillers
- Injectable Frown Line and Wrinkle Treatments
- Sclerotherapy and varicose vein treatments
- Over 10 Years’ experience with IPL & lasers
Registered Nurse, Clinic Manager.
1974 – 1998:
- Completed Registered Nurse Training.
- Worked full time in Medical / Surgical nursing
- Acting CNC 33 bed surgical ward for 4 years.
1998 – 2002:
- Established and managed a busy day surgery unit specialising
in Plastic and cosmetic surgery.
- Managed the operations of a plastic surgery operating theatre .
- Specialised in Laser Hair reduction and skin rejuvenation.
- Volunteer plastic surgery work in developing countries
(Borneo & Funafuti) with Interplast.
2002 – Present:
- Established Victorias Cosmetic Medical Clinic.
- Currently employs 6 staff.
- Light based treatments using Laser, IPL, LED for vascular,
pigmentation, tattoo removal, rejuvenation.
- Low Level Laser for pain relief.
- Injectables for cosmetic enhancement and wrinkle reduction.
- Performed over 40,000 laser treatments since 1998
- Performed over 10,000 since 1998 injectable treatments since 1998
In 2008 Vanessa joined the team at Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa as the senior Beauty Therapist. With over 25 years of experience in the beauty industry, Vanessa has gained vast knowledge, respect and experience.
In 2002 Vanessa furthered her studies; completing an Advanced Diploma of Health Science at the University of New England and gaining knowledge to work in Cosmedi Spas. She takes pride in giving clients the utmost of professional care and advice.
“I enjoy helping my clients to relax and enjoy the ultimate beauty experience at Victorias Cosmedi Spa.”
In the past, Vanessa has managed a prominent Day Spa in Launceston and taught Beauty Culture at Private Beauty Schools and TAFE in Launceston.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Tattoo Artist
Janet is a cosmetic and reconstructive tattoo artist who works in our clinic once a month. Janet has over 15 years of experience in the aesthetics industry and has trained around the world predominately in the USA. Janet also lectures at cosmetic and plastic surgery conferences around the world. Janet currently has practitioners working in London and Sydney and maintains a close working relationship with some of the leading Plastic Surgeons in both countries. Janet is a full time practitioner and has been involved in writing the National Standards for her industry.
In February 2014 Karen commenced working at Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa as a trainee beauty therapist.
At completion of her Certificate 4 in beauty therapy at TAFE Launceston, Karen was awarded a certificate of outstanding academic achievement.
As a mature-age student, Karen has found the whole experience of working and learning in the beauty industry to be both challenging and extremely rewarding.
“Having the good fortune to be employed at Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa means that I have every opportunity to share and expand my knowledge and skills within a professional and supportive environment. “
Karen enjoys all aspects of beauty therapy, with clinical facials and massage being of particular interest to her. Karen will be furthering her education in these area in the future.
Tanette completed her Certificate 1V in Beauty Therapy in 2016 and became part of the Victorias team on completion. This has lead to new experiences and opportunities.
Tanette has been working on bettering her skills in all forms of Beauty therapy specialising in Eyelash extensions. She is currently undergoing training as a laser therapist and looks forward to broadening her skills in this area.
Tanette looks forward to a bright future as part of the Victorias Clinic Team.
Danella is our front desk receptionist and the first face you see when you come into Victorias Cosmetic Medical Clinic.
Danella enjoys working in the beauty industry and finds it rewarding helping and assisting clients with their needs.
Danella completed her Certificate 1V in beauty therapy in 2016 and is looking forward to broadening her skills with clients in the future.