Taking care of your skin after a facial
Most people opt for facials to try to improve the quality of their skin, achieve a younger look or simply to feel better about themselves. Vitoria’s Cosmedi Spa provides a large variety of cosmetic medical treatments and products in Launceston and Northwest Tasmania.
What we offer
Our tried and tested treatments give consistent results when used within the prescribed guidelines. We also recommend that any new patients consult with our Doctor Julie Ostberg and Registered Nurse Anne Talbot prior to having any treatments. This way, we can make sure that you have all of the information available and together we can make an informed decision about which treatment is perfectly suited for you.
With many different facial treatment options ranging through laser facials, skin peels, pigmentation treatment and micro-needling, we can cater to your skin’s exact needs to help get your skin glowing. After facials however, many patients forget to maintain a routine to help make the results last longer.
Before the facial
Once you know your treatment has been selected, it is recommend that you discontinue chemical exfoliators at least 3 days prior. Make sure to use no products on the morning of your treatment. A simple gently cleaning face wash is fine but do not use any other products. Also be sure to wear no makeup as it will have to be removed anyways.
Once you’ve had your facial, there are some things that you can do to make the effects last a little longer. Here they are in a list to help you.
How what to do:
– Avoid heavy makeup at least for a few days. Makeup clogs pores and the application of thick foundation and concealer will begin to undo all of the work that was done during the treatment. Why not take this chance to show of your fresh glow instead?
– Do drink lots of water. Nothing like a little H2O to keep your skin hydrated and yourself feeling refreshed
– Try to avoid the sun as much as possible because UV rays as we know are not good for skin. If you have no choice, then be sure to wear a high SPF when in the sun and remove it properly once you are back indoors.
– Moisturise your skin to be sure to keep your skin looking great. We have a large range of skin care products in our shop for you to stock up on.
– Maintain a healthy skincare routine to help the facial last longer and to keep your skin looking rejuvenated
– Quit smoking. Not only will smoking counteract the effects of your facial but it also ages you much faster
– Wait at least a week before getting any other facial treatment or waxing
What not to do
– Do not wash your face the night after your facial. Give your skin a chance to relax as it will already be moisturised after the treatment
– Try not to exfoliate for a few days after your treatment because your skin will be very delicate
– Do not pick at your skin. Any picking will irritate your already sensitive skin.
– Avoid using a sauna immediately after your facial as your skin will already be fairly steamed out.
– Try not to exercise immediately after a facial as the sweat may irritate your fresh skin
In an ideal world our esthetician will most likely recommend monthly facials. This is so that your skin can have time to recover and will consistently receive deep cleansing and moisturising, but it’s not always possible or ideal for all skin types. We suggest at least four facials a year – one for each season change. Do also make sure not to overdo it by keeping an eye on your skin and its condition.
If you would like to make an online booking for a facial or any other spa treatment available at our facilities, then click here. And be sure to use all of this information to make the effects of your treatment more long lasting.