Massage therapy is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques.
Massage helps relieve muscle tension, reduce stress and evoke feelings of calmness. Although massage affects the body as a whole, it particularly influences the activity of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems.
What Massage Does
Therapeutic massages increases the circulation of blood and the flow of lymph, the substance that transports many toxins out of the bloodstream. This increases the body’s ability to heal itself, making massage a suitable treatment for many conditions that affect the muscular, skeletal and immune systems.
Massage has also been proven to reduce muscle stiffness and increase range of motion, as well as inducing relaxation. Massage therapy is commonly recommended for patients with conditions such as muscular strains, sprains and inflammation and chronic pain.
Types of Massage
At Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa we offer many different types of massages. Upon consultation with your therapist your massage will be personalised to your needs.
Types of massage available at Victoria’s Cosmedi Spa:
– Deep Tissue
– Hot Stones – 90 minute only, $120.00
Are you suitable for massage
Although massage is generally considered to be safe and virtually free of side effects, there are some contraindications for massage:
– Individuals with skin conditions such as open wounds, infections, rashes, fractures or other injuries; and blood clotting disorders should not have a massage
– We do not treat women who are in the first trimester of pregnancy
– If you have any type of cancer please get your doctor’s written permission before having a massage
– Fever – if you have any fever you should not have a massage, in addition to worsening your illness you risk passing your infection on to your therapist
Time to Make Your Booking?
For the ‘a little bit more serious type of massage’ we have two qualified remedial massage therapists available and for your benefit some cases of remedial massage can be claimable through private health care. Call now to book your appointment for a relaxing or therapeutic massage – performed to your specific needs.
Massage Therapy Launceston
Please note: For private health care claiming purposes you may need to give us up to 48hr notice. We have David Quarrell for claiming purposes.
60 Minute massage of your choice (excluding Hot Stones): $90
30 Minute massage of your choice (excluding Hot Stones): $55